The common idea that edentulism can always be solved with implants is questioned in this book given that the most recent literature highlights the higher risk of implant prosthodontics than traditional conventional toothborne prosthodontics. This book represents a procedural guide to the fabrication of full veneer crowns with vertical margin design. The preparation of the natural tooth as a prosthetic pillar is certainly a “traditional” procedure that is still one of the most common activities that dentists perform today and the so-called “vertical” preparation is given full credit in this book.
- Clear and through overview on the fundamentals and principles of tooth preparation and in particular the "vertical" preparation
- Choice of materials according to each patient's specific situation
- Step-by-step description of treatment planning and implementation
- Extensive use of authors' clinical cases
- Ezio Bruna Member of the Academy of Operative Dentistry, The international Academy of Gnathology, and the New York Academy of Sciences. Speaker at national and international congresses. He has a private practice in Turin.
- Andrea Fabianelli Temporary Chair Professor and Temporary Professor at the University of Siena, he collaborates with TUFTS University (Boston, USA) and with Sheffield University (UK), active member of Dick Tucker Study Club and Research Centre for Dentistry. He has a private practice in Arezzo.
Table of contents:
- Chapter 1 Treatment plans. Causes of failure. Treatment rationale. The choice between implants and traditional prosthesis.
- Chapter 2 Preparation of a natural abutment. Preparation system. Abutment characteristics. Characteristics of the finish line. Curettage preparation and overcontour. Preparation techniques.
- Chapter 3 Professional prostheses. Acrylic or composite?
- Chapter 4 Impressions. Materials. Impression trays. Impression techniques. Tissue retraction. impression protocol. Possible impression defects. Disinfection of impression.
- Chapter 5 In the lab. The Choice of Materials. Application of die spacer. Waxing. Casting. Welding. How to choose alloys. Pontics.
- Chapter 6 Occlusion in clinical practice.
- Chapter 7 Framework Try-in and materials.
- Chapter 8 Ceramic Try-in.
- Chapter 9 Cementation. Zinc. Oxyphosphate. Permanent Cementation.
- Chapter 10 Implant abutments. Modelling. The Abutment Trial or Model.
- Chapter 11 Zirconia in Vertical Preparation. Material. Processing techniques. Clinical studies. Clinics.